[wp-hackers] auto-pinging

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Feb 21 05:36:37 GMT 2005

Christoph Rummel wrote:

>Last time, 15 min ago, when I referenced 2 of my own
>entries in my "production"-blog it _didn't_ pingback,
>and jsut now when I referenced an entry in my test-blog
>it _did_ pingback, and both blogs are set to "do not
>attempt to notify...".
>
>I don't understand this behaviour... Not enough to file
>a bugreport, at least. :-(

You don't need to understand it... just need to explain the perceived
problem, and I think you did a fine job.  I think it's better to err on
the side of putting questionable bugs into Mosquito than to just post it
here where it might get lost in the shuffle.

The autodiscover used to be changeable per-post as it says there, but
it's not been for a while now.  It makes sense to me that unchecking the
box in the options should prevent pingbacks from being sent out, so go
ahead and file this if you haven't done so already.