[wp-hackers] Differentiating nightlies and betas

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Feb 21 02:07:25 GMT 2005

Craig Hartel wrote:
> Hmm...I'm repeating a lot of what David has already said, but I gotta
> say, the forums were INSANE with issues pre-Strayhorn. It's going to
> create some serious burnout.

As I've said before, I think this was 95% due to it being so long since
the last feature release. People were hearing about kickass themes and
seeing plugins that only worked with 1.5, so they wanted to upgrade.

This can be backed up by looking at the unstable issues in the forums
over time. The further you get from the last major release the more
there are.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com