[wp-hackers] Now with Subversion Goodness

Mike Little journalized at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:59:14 GMT 2005

All foxed now:

In summary, for anyone else having this problem.

Symptom: is this response to the svn co command

>svn: REPORT request failed on '/wordpress/!svn/vcc/default'
>svn: REPORT of '/wordpress/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://svn.automattic.com)

Cause: is a web proxy which doesn't allow HTTP extension methods.

Cure: In my case (squid proxy running on smoothwall) I added the line
extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT
to squid.conf (information from
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-03/1478.shtml )

Because, in smoothwall squid.conf is created dynamically, I actually
added the line to the end of /var/smoothwall/proxy/acl

Hope this helps,
Mike
--
Mike Little