[wp-hackers] WP Client/Admin code separation

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Feb 20 22:39:19 GMT 2005

Michel Valdrighi wrote:
> So, I propose that for the next big release we try to avoid loading
> those functions at page views, that we try to load only the functions
> that will reasonnably be used in this context. It's mostly a matter of
> identifying functions only used in the admin area and move them to other
> files. Then if plugins absolutely need those, they can still
> require_once() them.
> It would most likely save parsing time and memory usage...

Totally agreed, some of that has already been started with the more
efficient xmlrpc loading and such but there could be a LOT more. We
should start by identifying functions which are only used:

* In the admin
* On feeds
* On pages with comments
* On pages with posts

overhead right now according to the profiles I've run.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com