[wp-hackers] WP Client/Admin code separation

Michel Valdrighi michelv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:19:33 GMT 2005

hello,

As part of the cruft elimination process, let's eliminate pingback(),
trackback(), do_enclose() and wp_mail() !
OK, just kidding.
OK, actually not kidding so much: these are examples of functions that
are loaded from functions.php at every page view, that are useless in
the context of viewing a page.

So, I propose that for the next big release we try to avoid loading
those functions at page views, that we try to load only the functions
that will reasonnably be used in this context. It's mostly a matter of
identifying functions only used in the admin area and move them to other
files. Then if plugins absolutely need those, they can still
require_once() them.
It would most likely save parsing time and memory usage...

--
Michel Valdrighi
http://zengun.org/weblog/