[wp-hackers] mb_send_mail removed?

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:18:23 GMT 2005

I guess the mb_send_mail was causing the password notification emails
to be sent as Base-64 encoded data, which was the case with me, for
sure, and this was causing a lot of heartache for ordinary users who
aren't savvy enough to change the source befofre resetting their
passwords, which is why this must have been take out.

Carthik.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:55:34 -0500, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> Hey, what happened to mb_send_mail?
>
> This code used to be in wp_mail():
>
>     if ( function_exists('mb_send_mail') )
>                 return mb_send_mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers,
> $more);
>     else
>         return mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, $more);
>
> I was using this function to route email through a faster system than
> the built-in PHP mail() function.  Now everything that generates mail on
> my server (mostly having to do with comments, leaving them, approving
> them, etc.) is really... freakin'... slow.
>
> I guess the change was in revision 1.257, labeled "We send the charset
> so we shouldn't need to do character conversion".  Well, ok, but damn...
> I was using that.
>
> Now I'll have to change core code to get my emailing speeded up - unless
> someone knows a different way?
>
> Owen

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net