[wp-hackers] Memcache / memcached

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 22:22:24 GMT 2005

Interesting.  I just wrote a small query-cacher myself, attached it to a few
small, less-updated queries.  This looks like an interesting project, though
the danga stuff is targeted usually at very high volume sites.  i.e., not
necessarily very useful for shared hosting, or VPS hosting for that reason,
simply due to memory/disk requirements.  Dedicated servers with ram to spare
should do well with it.

(I've been researching VPS vs dedicated for two months now, to get CHAITGEAR
up on something more stable, so speed vs memory vs CPU tradeoffs are of
GREAT interest to me... keep these resources coming!)

-d