[wp-hackers] Some Theme Changes

Arthur Jennings timeistight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 20:33:48 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:39:38 -0500, Mark Jaquith
<mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> But if
> you _are_ using themes, then there isn't anything in your main index.php
> file anyway... no customizations, that is.  So every time you upgrade
> WordPress, you should be upgrading that index.php, along with all other
> WordPress files you haven't modified.
>
> So the only people who will really need to go in and edit stuff are 1.2
> upgraders who want to use themes... and they'll have to get under the
> hood making their custom index.php file into a theme anyway... so I
> think this is a good approach.

That's not true if the root of your weblog isn't your wordpress
directory. Before this change, I never had to edit /index.php. Last
night I did.

It only took a couple of minutes to figure out what happened, but for
those couple of minutes I'd lost theming.

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com