[wp-hackers] saving backup files when editing through wp's file editor

Dave Cohen cohen.dave at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 00:38:55 GMT 2005

I originally posted this in the forum, but didn't get much response.
Thought this might be perfect for the plugin hackers.

It would be really really good to save a backup of files when they are
edited through the WP file editor. I think that if you were to edit
index.php, a backup should be made into wp-content with some sort of
naming schema like index.php.<date>.<time>

Of course it would be really good to have this configurable through
the Admin interface where you could set the max number of files saved
(ex - it would only save the last 3 edits to a certain file), path to
save to (wp-content/backup/files).

I know this really doesn't matter for many of us who do our editing
locally, but for those who only are able to do it on a server, this
would be a nice value-add.

Best Regards,
Dave Cohen