[wp-hackers] Staticize Reloaded... tweaks...

Donncha O Caoimh donncha at linux.ie
Thu Feb 10 20:21:04 GMT 2005

As a further improvement on caching, you could wrap the entire WP
process inside PEAR Cache. I use the PEAR Output Cache to cache the
output of my blog.
That avoids loading up all the WordPress include files, processing the
header file, doing db queries, and in the case of WPMU avoids loading
Smarty at all (and that's a big saving when you don't have a PHP
accelerator installed)

I briefly discussed what I did in the post below.
http://blogs.linux.ie/xeer/2005/01/17/pear-output-cache-and-wpmu/

Look at wp-inst/index.php in the latest tarball from
http://mu.wordpress.org/download/ to see exactly what I did.

Donncha.