[wp-hackers] Default User Setup

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 01:04:48 GMT 2005

Even if the password is randomly generated, its not going to stop
people from setting a stupid password, it just lessens the amount of
steps that person has to go through to set the stupid password. I
believe that users should be allowed to choose their password also.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:04:38 +0000, podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> Mark Jaquith wrote:
> >  I think letting users set their own password would
> > _reduce_ install time, because there isn't that aggrivating copy/paste
> > business.
>
> So long as there is at least something about security and passwords
> otherwise you /will/ have a rash of "My blog got hacked " and "WP is not
> secure"
> I don't know about other people installing, but passwords are generally
> pathetic - does WP need to add to that ?
>
> P.

--Robert Deaton
http://anothersadsong.com