[wp-hackers] Themes: Moving from 1.2.x to 1.5

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Feb 1 05:59:58 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 09:32 -0500, Owen Winkler wrote:
>

>>Ryan Boren wrote:
>>

>>>Upgrading templates from 1.2.x to 1.5 is automatically done during
>>>upgrade if wp-content/themes is writable.
>>>

>>I'm too lazy to check- Does this happen if the theme already exists?
>>That would be unfortunate.
>>

>No.  The code is in make_site_theme() in upgrade-functions.php.  Here's
>the logic.

Cool all around.

>Nope.  If we add it, we'll need to make sure we remove the notes from
>the site theme when creating a site theme from the default theme.
>
>Currently, the theme editor can be used to edit the Default and Classic
>theme.  Perhaps the theme editor should disallow this and post a warning
>that directs the user to create a site theme with which to work.

Interesting thought, however - and I may be alone in this behavior - I
never use the built-in editors.  Might have something to do with the
hundreds of dollars I have wasted on editors.  I suppose that my
inclination is to warn anyone that it might be overwritten on upgrade,
but let them do it if they insist.

Owen