[wp-hackers] More anti-spam ideas

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Mon Sep 27 17:27:36 UTC 2004

---------- Original Message from ai6bois02 at sneakemail.com ----------
> One way is to simply pass the link through a local redirector (you rown
> page that simply header 301 redirects to the destination). That way all
> comment links are actually not links to another website, but links to
> the redirectionpage of your own blog. That page, in turn, can redirect
> the user to the destination website. The result is a functional "link"
> as intended, but not a relevance relationship link. This is what Google
> has been doing, and Typepad, and others.

And that's what I've been doing for the past 3 months or so & I still get on an average 130-140 spam comments per week. Spammers just don't know that they won't get PageRank on my blog, they just spam, spam & spam, damn them!! And that's not only my problem, but a lot of people have this redirector denying any links in comments PageRank but they also face the same music. So that may be effective in denying PageRank but that's not any measure to counter comment spam.

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.0 Preview ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||