[wp-hackers] Changing the number of search results

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Sep 24 22:56:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 00:03 +0200, Michael Heilemann wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Is there a way to override, in the search file, how many results the
> search page throws at you? By default it uses what you set up in the
> admin.

For 1.3, once we iron out how we want plugins to add admin UI, I'll
create a plugin that let's one specify the number of posts per page for
each query type.  I'll call it "The Pathologically Provisionable Posts
Per Page Plugin".

Control of this purely from the template is a bit limited.  You can set
posts per page or turn off paging altogether quite easily, but it
applies to all page types.

Ryan