[wp-hackers] Rewrite Experiment

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sat Sep 18 20:40:12 UTC 2004

>Alright, this is because the 'blogfilename' option is now empty for new
>installations.  We need to replace all occurrences of get_settings
>('blogfilename') with index.php.
>
>Ryan

So Wordpress should probably change the 'blogfilename' setting to
'index.php' when the permalink setting starts with '/index.php/' right?
I manually changed it using the
/wp-admin/options.php?option_group_id=all method (love that... no need
to go into PHPmyAdmin), and now the RSS links look right.

>I moved the feed and trackback tests to the beginning of the template
>redirection block in wp-blog-header.  That should help the case where it
>displays a regular page instead of a feed.

Did you just do this on your local install, or did you put this in CVS?
I updated CVS and I'm not seeing wp-blog-header.php as being updated.