[wp-hackers] Trackback fix for 1.2 Mingus

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 21:22:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 13:05, Craig Hartel wrote:
> > Getting back to this, do those of you for whom this patch fixes
> > trackback use any plugins?  If so, which ones.
> Kitten's Comment Pay 1.0 by MooKitty

Comment Pay could be an issue, because if a comment is moderated, the
browser is redirected to the payment page. So normal processing is
short-circuited at the comment_post hook. But the comment is already in
the DB because I do a query to get it out to display on the playment
page :/

One of the biggest problems I've seen with trackbacks failing is the
user having a blank line in the spam words list, and the the blank lines
aren't removed when the SWL is saved.

Looking into this I've also found that options.php doesn't output the
"options updated" message at the top of the page when any options are
updated.

I'm working on a patch for check_comments that includes 'emergent
registration' and will error check the SWL more throughly.
--
Cheers!
Kitty