[wp-hackers] WordPress centric hosting

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Sat Sep 11 00:31:27 UTC 2004

On Sep 10, 2004, at 4:54 PM, Craig Hartel wrote:

> Nobody can guarantee uptime. If you believe that, then I have some
> quality waterfront property for sale in Florida which may interest
> you! :)

	There are ways to make guarantee's mean something, back them up with
something meaningful, usually money.  If the uptime guarantee isn't met
then the client should be credited some predetermined amount for their
loss.  This motivates the provider to keep things going and gives
something back to the client if they fail to keep things going.  It is
all about incentives.

	Perhaps guarantee is a poor choice of words.  This type of thing
usually comes under the terms of service agreements.  If the guarantee
has no teeth then it is indeed worthless, but to declare all such
guarantee would be overly simplistic.

	This whole thing is reminding me way too much of my years working at
an ISP :-(

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/