[wp-hackers] Multi-Language Support for 1.3

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 09:55:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 23:18, Robert Deaton wrote:
> I took the time to update MooKitty's patch from a while back to
> support the latest CVS releases. Some time tomorrow I'm going to also
> add the tables that need to be made to the installation files.
> Information is available at:

No offence, but your patch applies, but isn't complete. I couldn't sleep
until it was right.

http://mookitty.co.uk/devblog/patches/default-lang.diff

This is a complete patch, of 8 files. Patch the current CVS and run
/wp-admin/upgrade.php and everything will be set up. Also installing
from scratch works fine too.

For those that don't know:

There's a box added to adv-edit to specify the language of a post, and a
box added to options-writing to set the default language of the blog.
I've even included a link to help people find the proper language code,
and the default is set by whatever is set in wp-config. Check the
index.php source to see how it works. Plus I've updated the installer
files. It validates and plays nice with the DOM.

--
Cheers!
Kitty