[wp-hackers] static pages status?

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 23:29:43 UTC 2004

> I'm starting to like the idea of integrating Page
> Links more closely with
> Links based on Dougal's idea and subsequent
> discussion in the support thread.
>
> In Admin:
>          Move Pages from Manage to Links
>          Add/Manage Link would be able to see
> internal/static pages

I don't think that's the right way to do it. 'Pages'
are much closer to 'Posts' that they are to links -
they just aren't included in the index and
date/category based archives. Moving the whole thing
to links seems counterintuitive to me, and I think
combining 'Pages' with 'Links' will just be confusing
and strange.

To me, 'Links' are just a blogroll, not for links to
your content.