[wp-hackers] proposal for per-post filters in WP

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Oct 19 15:24:04 UTC 2004

Said Michel Valdrighi:
"WP needs a way to define sets default text filters to apply: a set of
text filters that would always be applied (we could move wpautop there)
but could be deactivated only in the options, and a set of text filters
that would be choosable when posting (out of which some could be
selected by default)."

I think I missed a message or something - Why is this needed?

I'm not trying to agitate; I'm just curious why things are looking to
get complicated when one of the things I like best about WordPress is
it's simplicity.

Owen