[wp-hackers] Comment spam idea: Batch delete within time frame?

Nick Parker nickbp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 00:08:49 UTC 2004

This just now popped into my head, figured I'd float it on here:

In order to more effectively clean comment spam, would deleting all
comments within a certain chunk of time work? Like if you knew that all
spam had been made between 5:10 and 5:15..

While it would be possible for a spammer to spread out their posts over
time to avoid this method of deletion, the result of that would be the
same as if you had set up a tar pit, so either way, it'd be much less
profitable for them.

Just a thought. I've never had a serious issue with spam posts, only
maybe one or two occasionally, so I don't have much experience in
dealing with them. This seemed like a good idea to implement if comment
spammers have developed a tendency of making a large quantity of posts
at once.

Any thoughts?

--
Nick Parker: http://beoba.net