[wp-hackers] Forum Post

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 21:07:35 UTC 2004

Arthur,

If you have a phpinfo.php page then you can read the
"mbstring.language" value off of it.
You can create a phpinfo.php page by creating a new file by that name
with only the following three lines:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

in it.

You can change it for it to work fine with WP, by opening wp-login.php
in a text editor and changing the wp_mail function in that file to
look like the following:
function wp_mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers = '', $more = '') {
       if ( function_exists('mb_send_mail') ){
               mb_language('English');
               return mb_send_mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, $more);
       }
       else
               return mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, $more);
}

To change the mb_language for your entire account, you can change the
configuration files for the php installation on your server, but that
is a far-fetched possibility in that your webserver admin should do
it.

Regards,
Carthik