[wp-hackers] Save/edit hooks

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Oct 11 23:51:54 UTC 2004

Alex King wrote:
> I was thinking about this recently, would we translate from XHTML back
> to Markdown, etc. for editing already saved posts?

I think that's the ideal situation. As long as there are advanced enough
functions to translate to and from HTML (ignoring anything they can't
handle) then there's no reason not just to store HTML and nothing else.
Then if you decided you liked Markdown better than Textile or whatever
you could flip a switch and immediately be able to edit all your content
past and present in your preferred syntax.

There's also no reason we couldn't use this for autop as well, that
would also speed things up quite a bit.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://mobiusltd.com