[wp-hackers] Page Enhancements

Craig Hartel milquetoast at telus.net
Sun Oct 10 14:10:44 UTC 2004

Ryan Boren wrote:
  > These are templates within a given theme.  For example, for the Kubrick
> port I did, I added archives.php and links.php page templates.  So, I
> have "Default Template", "Archives", and "Links" templates available in
> the dropdown when the Kubrick theme is active.  Page templates must be
> specially marked with a "Template Name:" field in a comment at the top
> of the template.
>
> Ryan

Okay, to mirror back to you to see if I understand.

Creating these pages is part manual and part WP-driven. Manual because I have to
have already created or downloaded template pages for WP to use as a basis for
creating the new page. If I have those pages available, then I can select one of
them as a template for the automatic page creation in WP after selecting the
desired template from the drop-down list.

I have your Kubrick setup active and running, but it doesn't show up in the
drop-down list for templates, which is because I've not created any template pages.

I would assume that my internal server error problem is simply this page
creation process crashing rudely and taking something down with it because it
can't find a template page.

Craig.