[wp-hackers] static pages status?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Oct 3 02:30:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 20:48 -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Or no date/submitter at all... and is there any way to change /site/
> to something else?  I tried adding three lines to .htaccess , but then
> it wanted to make ALL the links on the page under /info/.
>
> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 21:36:17 -0400, Jason Trommetter
> <jasontromm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using this static page feature in WP 1.3, but I have one question.
> > Can something be done about the date displayed?  It always displays
> > the date the page was created. Can we make it display the current date
> > instead for static pages?

Change the template to display whatever you want for pages.  Use is_page
() in your existing template or create a separate page.php in wp-
content.  The new default template will support pages.  My Kubrick for
1.3 package provides a template for pages.

I'm working on proper page/sub-page URIs.  A page named "About" will
be /about instead of /site/about.  A page named "Me" with a parent of
"About" will be /about/me.

This feature will be changing quite a bit once we get back to it.
Here's one proposal for how the page creation UI might look.

Page Title: ___________________
Content:
.
.
.
.
.
.

Page parent: [^ No parent ... ]

[ ] enable comments on this page

-- [  ] Display posts on page below content
| From categories: (checkboxes)
|
| ... other criteria ...

Manage pages would have a listing off all the pages in their hierarchy.

Ryan