[wp-hackers] Addition to check_comment(): return false if thepost is older than 21 days

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Sat Oct 2 04:01:27 UTC 2004

> I know I posted this before, but I definitely think a weighted point
> value based system per comment makes moderating, approving, and
> disapproving comments much easier and allows for all different kinds
> of automated approaches.

If the check_comment function is replaced with whatever you want, then you
can implement a point system that returns "approve" or "moderate" for any
comment based on your own criteria.

However, the check_comments code should be augmented to allow any of *three*
states to be returned:  Approved, Moderated, and Rejected.  The missing
functionality is the Rejected option, which would be very useful when a
known spam IP (or other certain offender) is detected.  Perhaps even a
fourth option, Deleted, to dispose of unwanted comments immediately without
notification or leaving them in the queue?

Owen