[wp-hackers] Search replacement?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Nov 29 04:58:13 UTC 2004

I threw this search thing together tonight.

It does AND searches with each space-separated term and "quoted
phrases".  Lots of help from this page:
http://iamcal.com/publish/articles/php/search/

You can also have it search different fields in different tables by
adding a single line, and it will combine the results.

Sample output here:
http://www.asymptomatic.net/index.php?s=game%20xbox&submit=Search&page=2
That URL's not guaranteed to be online long, since I'm in the process of
a redesign.  It links directly to matching posts, comments, and wiki pages.

This file drops in as a search.php page in either a template directory
or the blog root.  Obviously, a 1.3-only feature.  And the search still
short-circuits if there's only one result - Is there a way to turn off
the default search routines and queries entirely?

Owen