[wp-hackers] Comment spam floods?

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Sat Nov 27 20:55:20 UTC 2004

On Saturday, November 27, 2004 3:46 PM  Bill Bradford wrote:

> If there was a dependable export/import mechanism for my
> entries (rather than just backing up the database), I'd dump
> everything out, delete the entire directory, and reinstall
> everything from scratch...

Did you run the blacklist-install.php file when you uploaded the new files?
I ran it yesterday when I did and it added some new entries and left the old
ones there. The newest version checkes the database, leaves everything old
intact and puts anything new in there. Worked good for me and I didn't lose
any of the custom entries I've added. Although, it is always safest to back
up that table first just in case.

Ryan Duff
http://www.duff-duff.net