[wp-hackers] Paged is not an archive in 1.3?

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 03:48:13 UTC 2004

Well, at this point in time, I wouldn't worry so much about breaking
other people's templates with the changes, as it is alpha software
after all. I do think paged.php is a good idea, and allows for less
cluttering of index.php.

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:31:34 -0600, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 10:14 +0100, Michael Heilemann wrote:
> > Is this actually in 1.3a4?
>
> It is now.
>
> > And how does it work? What happens if I page back into a category
> > archive for instance?
>
> With the change, whenever we page, is_archive() is true and is_paged()
> is true.  This is the case even when paging off of home
> (/page/1, /page/2, etc.).  Having is_archive() be true is causing other
> themes grief because moving from the home page to /page/2 causes a
> change in style. Some folks don't like that.  So, we might want to avoid
> fiddling with is_archive() when paging and just set is_paged().
> However, archive.php will not be loaded when paging off of home.
> index.php will be loaded and then special styling will need to be made
> for the is_paged() case.  Maybe we could add a paged.php template.  In
> Kubrick's case, paged.php could simply include archive.php.
>
> For categories, authors, and such, is_archive() is already true, so
> paging simply sets is_paged().  For Kubrick, this will result in the
> same behavior as always.
>

> Ryan

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.