[wp-hackers] Returning instead of echoing

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Nov 11 20:40:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 13:20 -0700, Alex King wrote:
> IMO - Sweeping changes that break existing functionality aren't good
> candidates for a point release.

Backwards compatibility must be and will be preserved.  And if by point
release you mean 1.3, 1.3 is hardly a point release any more.  It's our
biggest release yet, I reckon.  Might as well call it 2.0.

But, point taken.  Perhaps we should limit changes of this type to only
those get_*() functions that people have been begging for as well as
those that are preventing proper i18n.  comment_type() is an example of
both cases.  We need get_comment_type().

Ryan