[wp-hackers] Suggestion for WP-Admin Navigation

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Nov 5 21:02:46 UTC 2004

Elliott Bäck wrote:
> I don't see the use in drop-down web menus--can you provide a concrete
> example of the subpages you would want to add to, say, "Write?"  The
> simplicity in the current single level menus is something I really like
> about the admin interface.

I like the single-level static menus, too, but I also think it's
inconvenient to have to click through two menus/pages to get to the
Options page that I want.

For example, I would like a way to access the Options > Discussion page
without seeing the Options > General page.  Or a better example, I would
like to access the Manage > Awaiting Moderation page from the Write page.

I'm not necessarily an advocate of stuffing the admin full of javascript
menus, but making things easier pleases me.

Owen