[wp-hackers] How to tell if a plugin is active?

Dave support at textbones.com
Wed Jun 30 16:55:45 UTC 2004

I don't have any experience with WordPress plugins but I understand that
the functions in the plugins attach themselves to hooks in the code?

If so, why not simply add a custom hook to the page rather than call the
function directly? That way the page would function the same whether or
not the plugin is active.

Regardless, there should be a function to test if a plugin is active,
but I don't know of one.