[wp-hackers] Plugin Management issue...

Joe Pritchard joe.pritchard at curious-hosting.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 07:51:13 UTC 2004

David Chait wrote:

> When they are interdependent, or dependent, there are cases where it'd
make
> my life MUCH easier if I knew/controlled the loading order of things.

I know this may seem like overkill, but why not ship an XML file with a
Plugin that lists in it the dependencies of that Plugin.

That way it should be possible to look for this XML file and if it exists
check that required dependencies have already been loaded in.  If not, load
them and if they're not there skip the plugin with an error message.

Joe

---