[wp-hackers] Usability Interface Guidelines?

Torger Bjornrud bjornrud at msu.edu
Sat Jun 26 21:36:05 UTC 2004

I naively filed bug 124, titled, " "Publish" button is redunant and
confusing. "
Here's the link:
http://mosquito.wordpress.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000124

When I filed the bug, I thought this was obvious and didn't warrant
discusssion.  I could have written a response to mark's bug comment in
the bug tracker, but I see the hacker-list as a better forum to address
what is fundamentally a UI decision, precedent for future design
decisions,  that WP I think should decide upon.  Upon more thinking, I
really feel that WordPress could benefit now, and in the future from
some quick & dirty design philosophies, and have them in a central
reference page.

Essentially, I don't feel that in a specialized web application of such
small scope (compared to large office programs, IDEs, or other
software) should offer redundant ways of accomplishing the basic tasks.
   This leads to UI clutter, as well as possible confusion over how to
accomplish a task.  The best specialized systems that first come to
mind to me (iPod, telephone, winamp) all have the common attribute of
linking one resulting behavior to only one control.

Yea or nay?

Best,
~Tor

--