[wp-hackers] Offical Plugins, repository, and extending WordPress

Chuck G. chuckg at blindmuse.com
Fri Jun 25 23:55:16 UTC 2004

Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Being an official plugin doesn't necessarily require participation from
> the author of the plugin, in fact new versions of a plugin would need to
> be reviewed before they're on the site anyway.

If I understand this correctly, creating such a site would really take the
plugin "away" from the author.  I mean, if the author isn't even allowed
to update the content of his plugin without "approval", that seems a step
too far.  I know that I wouldn't want my code made available on such a
site,
WP approved or not.  But I don't think Jenn was worried about the "trust"
of
WP, just that the code is taken out of her hands entirely.

chuckg