[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin list

Jason goldsmith unteins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:15:08 UTC 2004

I find it amusing that no one wants an automatic system and yet
acknowledges that plugin author's will voluntarily update information
in varying degrees from none to constantly.

If the system is to simply have Plugin Authors maintain their own
plugin info, as someone else pointed out there are already AT LEAST 4
sites that they can update right now and that users can go look
towards. One of those sites is the official WordPress location to look
for plugins (on the Wiki, that's the official repository).

I don't see any value in creating YAWPPR (Yeat Another Word Press
Plugin Repository) unless it finds a way for plugin developers to make
use of it without any additional work or effort. Otherwise you're just
reinventing the wheel yet again. It makes no sense for a developer to
spend time building a new database system to handle this stuff. There
are plenty of places out there already that let you do things
manually, so maybe we should just advertise them more if manual
updating is what everyone wants.