[wp-hackers] The \ problem in posts

Chuck Guenther chuckg at blindmuse.com
Wed Jun 23 20:40:11 UTC 2004

Alex has the right of it as far as stripslashes working with older posts
but cutting up any and all new posts.  In my experience, adding one of
the plugins out there that Texturizes will fix the \ problems, ie:
Markdown which is inlucded with the default install of 1.2.

Carthik is right, however, the default build of Wordpress should convert
\'s to their http equivalent in the convert_chars function.  I'd attempt
this myself, but I'm terrible with regex.

chuckg

http://www.blindmuse.com
I am who I am not who I thought I am