[wp-hackers] Static content plugin

Mark Wubben markwubben at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 18:02:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:28:42 -0500, Moises Kirsch <moi at mac.com> wrote:
> Well I'm new to the mailing list and I was thinking on developing a
> plugin for adding static content to a wordpress blog.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas to share about this?

You could create the static content inside the database, or on the
filesystem. Then you can add a new variable to the URI which is used
to include the content.

I doubt, however, the usefulness of this. On my own site -
http://neo.dzygn.com/ - I've incorporated this in my template system,
so outside WordPress. This is roughly comparable to a plugin which
includes static content from the filesystem, though.

(By the way, if you place the content on the filesystem, inside the
WordPress directory you can edit it through the templates section).