[wp-hackers] Limiting # of posts when a category is viewed?

Luc Saint-Elie luc at saint-elie.com
Fri Jun 18 15:00:53 UTC 2004

At 9:42 -0500 18/06/04, Jason McIntosh wrote:
>I thought I'd see before I worked on this, if anyone knew of a hack
>to limit the # of posts displayed per page when a category is
>chosen.  My General category has 70 posts, some of which are on the
>large side, and thus when a category is clicked, it takes a LONG
>time to load the page.  I'd like to limit the listing and make use
>of the posts_per_page variable, or something similar.  Anyone have
>any thoughts/suggestions on this?

Hello,

I think at a point of time every body will have the same problem.

The most obvious solution (for me) would be to have

select a category->display the list of titles for this category ->
click on a title->display the post

instead of the current

select a category->display all posts in this category (or a selected number)

Luc

http://blog.saint-elie.com