[wp-hackers] Welcome :)

Jason McIntosh jmcintosh at mlug.missouri.edu
Thu Jun 17 15:07:17 UTC 2004

On Jun 17, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Brian Dupuis wrote:

> * who you are

Jason McIntosh, site admin for http://poetshome.com/, Oracle DBA, Java
programmer, linux nut, computer geek, all around good guy, etc. etc.

> * why you're here

I had created my own custom blog system as I wanted a GPL'd blog system
and wanted something to do.  It works pretty well, particularly
considering it handles multiple blogs without any issues, is fairly
simple to use, and I wrote the thing in a week.  BUT, it's REALLY
rough, and as WP is GPL'd, seems to have a lot of features and
community support, thought I'd take a look and maybe spend my time on
it instead of reinventing the wheel.  If nothing else, I can probably
mod the code to do what I want it to do, and as such that'd make life a
lot easier on me for code maintenance, updates, and friends who are
using my site for their blogs.

> * what you'd like to get out of this list

Listen, see where development is heading, get some ideas/concepts, etc.
  Maybe use it as a resource to help with coding, or to learn.  Same as
many people.

| Jason McIntosh                       | CELL: 573-424-7612        |
| Webmaster, thinker, Programmer, etc. | WORK: 573-884-3865        |
| http://poetshome.com/                |                           |
|"How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are     |
|for.  I only coded it."                                           |
|(Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting)            |
GnuPG Key:
http://poetshome.com/about/jmcintosh_mlug.missouri.edu.gpgkey