[wp-hackers] echo and return

Alex nessence at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:57:14 UTC 2004

Could it be agreed that the template tags just need to be polished a
little bit (namewise)?

The 'templates' are afterall, PHP scripts. If they were parsed by WP,
this would be a different monster. If they will remain PHP and not a
proprietary WP-parsed format, then they should do so in the most
simplistic and consistant manner. Unless it's adding extended
functionality (error handling), encapsulation doesn't simplify code
that's going to require learning and documentation in the first place.

Documentation and consistancy should be all that's needed.