[wp-hackers] WP Plugin site.

Scott Reilly coffee2code at scottreilly.net
Mon Jul 26 18:15:32 UTC 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 06:51 pm, Craig Hartel wrote:
> Just a quick BUMP on the topic. Anybody have more thoughts or ideas on what
> they'd like to see on this site?
>
> Craig.

Two ideas I've had with regards to the proposed Plugin site:

* Plugin status.
I'm not particular about the exact nomenclature, but here's the gist of what I
think should be noted as a status for each plugin:
a.) Active : plugin is in active, on-going development of new features
b.) Stable : plugin isn't undergoing active development, but bug reports will
be actively resolved
c.) Inactive : plugin is released as-is, the author is not involved (or
interested) in addressing feature requests or bugs

Or maybe this should be two fields: development status and maintenance status?
(development status being: active | inactive )
(maintenance status being: active | community) ("community" being a nicer way
of saying "abandoned", that perhaps the WP community might help address
issues since the author is unwilling/unable)

* A plugin that can introspect the user's active plugins (or all plugins),
query the Plugin site, and present a report of the plugins that have been
updated from what the user currently possesses.  The simplest report would
only indicate the plugin version number changes.  More advanced report might
present a ChangeLog of changes for each updated plugin, if available.

Just tossing out some ideas...

-Scott