[wp-hackers] Geo URL coordinates for authors

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 03:22:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 22:48 -0400, Carthik Sharma wrote:
> Each author should be able to specify his/her Lat and Longitude, so
> for his/her posts, the default Geo Coordinates will be different from
> that of, say another author at a different geographic location. This
> author specific info could go into the Profiles too.

I wrote Location Manager just for this a couple of months ago. Locations
can be defined on an admin page, and then accessed through a drop down
on the writing page.

It's made for 1.2, and involves some core hacks, but uses the standard
lat/lon columns in the posts table. I really haven't pursued developing
this further, because I only got minimal feedback.

I do like the idea moving the default to the profiles page. That should
be core.
--
Kitty                                        http://blog.mookitty.co.uk/
                                             http://mookitty.co.uk/devblog/