[wp-hackers] WP Plugin site.

Stephen O'Connor steve at stevarino.com
Sun Jul 25 06:24:41 UTC 2004

Craig Hartel wrote:

> Just a quick BUMP on the topic. Anybody have more thoughts or ideas on
> what they'd like to see on this site?
>
> Craig.

What I would like to see? Amazing amounts of syndication. Something like...
 - General "weblog" feeds of course
 - Category feeds
 - Author feeds
 - Search feeds

My idea is a plugin-manager plugin which utilizes those feeds to bring
the content of wp-plugins.org into each users wordpress installation.
That's why I'm also for a cached version of the plugin - a user
browses/searches for plugins in their own admin panel, finds a plugin
they like, and with one click the plugin is on their site ready to be
installed.

- Stephen