[wp-hackers] an idea: excerpt and title toggle for post viewing

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 20:47:06 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 14:36 +0200, Tara Star wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to append "excerpt" or "title" to any url
> (just as I'm thinking of allowing "fr" or "en" at the end of any url to
> filter just that language) to view the posts on the page either as just
> a list of titles, or just a list of titles and excerpts.

I like the idea as way to get the language posts out:
http://blog.mookitty.co.uk/categories/homelife/en/ or
http://blog.mookitty.co.uk/en/

to get English posts, for example. I think it could be done with some
code hooked into the blog-header, and some rewrite rule changes. I
wouldn't be a full dropin solution because of the need to change rewrite
rules. But the new rules can be generated and displayed in the textbox
to copy into .htaccess via a plugin.

Which give me the idea to expand my 'default language patch' so that
there's a default language option on the adv. edit page.
--
Cheers!
Kitty <kitty at mookitty.co.uk>