[wp-hackers] wp-mail.php fixes

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 19:13:13 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 08:44 -0700, Chuck Guenther wrote:
> it struck me as odd that the system required
> an address that was "secret" and "only received email that were posts".
> I understand the reason for this, but wouldn't it be just as easy to use
> any other email address and just parse the subject lines for an some
> abstract title which can be set by the user ... ie: "[postmeupscotty]"
> or some other lame heading.

One of the reason the current set up is like it is, is to accommodate
mobile phone posting. I would hate to key in [postmeupscotty] on my
dialing pad.

You could easily wrap up the code from wp-mail and make into an email
checking plugin that used whatever subject line setting that you wanted.
When I released my SMS-wp-mail.php I just extended wp-mail, and had it
be a drop into the root folder. That being an easier place to point a
cron job at.

To see my code:
http://mookitty.co.uk/devblog/category/sms-wp-mail/
--