[wp-hackers] Plugin Site

Alex King alex at alexking.org
Fri Jul 16 20:27:07 UTC 2004

Fair point. My opinion is that I don't really care for my own plugins,
but I do think that it would be a shame for people's plugins to be
posted if they didn't want them to be, etc. It is not a very nice way
"thank you" to them for spending their time to make the the code available.

I further feel that if this is an optional thing, enough people will opt
in that this will become the defacto place people visit (and reference)
for WP plugins. When that happens, the plugin authors that want their
plugins to be downloaded and used will want to have their work listed.

If the authors feel an 'us vs. them' mentality about the site, I don't
see the site becoming as successful as it would with their support;
regardless of the legality of licensing issues.

--Alex