[wp-hackers] sticky posts plugins

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 18:17:17 UTC 2004

Oops! My bad, but maybe it would have been better to build upon
something than from scratch, is all I meant.

The names "Adhesive Plugin" and "Sticky Posts" threw me off, I'm sorry
for that mixup.

I was just saying it would be nice to ask if something already exists,
on this list, before starting to work on it.

>Useful, but not as
impressive as what the other one does - lists the last X unique posts
with the newest comments.

The two I am talking about do the same thing, pretty much.
See http://www.scriptygoddess.com/archives/2004/07/08/recent-commenters-and-commented-on-posts/#comments

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:07:03 -0400, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> > There are three sticky post plugins now!
> >
> > Folks, please check if the wheel you want is already available :)
>
> Actually, the first one you listed was mine, the second one you listed
> was mine, and the third one you listed wasn't in the Wiki (or anywhere
> else that I tried to download it!).  But there are a couple of sticky
> plugins.
>
> Nonetheless, my sticky plugin works differently- You don't modify
> anything to get stickies to appear, just enable the plugin.  Even though
> you don't edit anything, it still adds a convenient "Sticky" checkbox to
> the editor.  It also doesn't require any database changes, since it uses
> the 1.2 meta fields (which incidentally makes it compatible with at
> least one other sticky plugin that *does* require core code changes,
> making mine an improvement for upgradability).  Sticky posts in my
> plugin also appear only in the categories to which they've been
> assigned.
>
> It's really very different.
>
> > There are two Recent Commenters plugins too.
>
> The two Recent Commenter plugins do totally different stuff, too.  One
> just lists the last X chronological comments.  Useful, but not as
> impressive as what the other one does - lists the last X unique posts
> with the newest comments.  Also very different beasts.
>
> My new wheels will have inflatable rubber tubes and high-performance
> carbon-fiber rims.  You can keep rolling around on that shaped wood with
> spokes if you like.  :)
>
> Owen

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net