[wp-hackers] Coding Projects

Thiago Becker thiago.becker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 01:20:51 UTC 2004

Ok. The sad history: for adding support to multiple category queries,
i'll need to force everybody using alpha version of WP to use mysql
4.1, because I'll need to use subqueries to make the right queries. I
tried, for the best of my understanding, to use joins, but it doesn't
fit for this case. I can create ugly hacks for this, but it is not
what I intend to do.

I'm asking for the devs to look at what version of mysql they are
using, and if there is any problem in breaking compatibility in alpha
version.

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:40:22 -0800, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Ryan Boren wrote:
> > Support mutltiple negatives for category queries.  See get_posts() in
> > classes.php where we process 'cat'.  Look for the comment lamenting the
> > fact that we don't support this.
>
> Also get_posts()-the-function should probably be finished as well, and
> use WP_Query->get_posts().
>
> --
> Matt Mullenweg
> http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org