[wp-hackers] Plugin Table alteration

Dan Thrue rummanddan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:35:10 UTC 2004

Hi There fellow wordpress folks,

Im quite new to the plugin hacking of wordpress, and have just
released my first plugin, which is a quite simple gallery plugin. Now
i have a new one on the drawing board, and I would like to know what
is the politics on plugins alter core wp tables. (In my case just add
a field or two to wp_posts for instance).

I have another solution, just creating a new table with a link to the
post, but Im interested what the thoughts are from the community.

What does the community consider "Best practice" in this situation?

Best regards,
Dan